How To Enable SWAP Memory On Android, In previous post, i’ve explained about Tutorial To SD Card Partition On Android. So, here is the time to inform you about SWAP MEMORY on Android. What is SWAP? Swap is mean of Virtual RAM. With swap, a small portion of the hard drive is set aside and used like RAM. The computer will attempt to keep as much information as possible in RAM until the RAM is full.
At that point, the computer will begin moving inactive blocks of memory (called pages) to the hard disk, freeing up RAM for active processes. If one of the pages on the hard disk needs to be accessed again, it will be moved back into RAM, and a different inactive page in RAM will be moved onto the hard disk (‘swapped’).
The trade off is disks and SD cards are considerably slower than physical RAM, so when something needs to be swapped, there is a noticeable performance hit. (Source : CyanogenMod Wiki).
The tutorial How To Enable SWAP Memory On Android is simple, you can easy to do. Let us start, How To Enable SWAP Memory On Android.
1. You need your Android Phone to be rooted, yeah of course.
2. An App that can created and maintained SWAP, you can use Swapper2.
Step By Step How To Enable SWAP Memory On Android :
1. See the previous post about Tutorial To SD Card Partition On Android ,
2. Download Swapper2 from Android Market, then install it to your phone.
3. Open Swapper2 app, go to Settings > Advance Preferences.
3. Check Use Swap Partition and all option (See screenshot above)
4. Go back to first menu of Swapper2, then tap ON to enable SWAP
4. Done, your phone now have SWAP memory and hope your phone performance will be increased.
Note : To check if your Swap Memory is running, you need Terminal Emulator app / ADB Shell or related to check your Swap.
Download Terminal Emulator from Android Market, simply use search box, type “Terminal Emulator”, then install it. Open Terminal emulator. Run/type “free”. If your SWAP is running, then on Terminal Emulator will be show as below :
That’s the simple tutorial How To Enable SWAP Memory On Android. I am not responsible for any damages that occur with your phone. Use this tutorial with your own risk.
swap memory android, android swap, android swap memory, enable swap android, swap android, android swap partition, swap ram android, android enable swap, swap partition android, how to enable swap on android